Wednesday, February 8, 2017

WA artists' response overwhelmingly






WA artists' response has been overwhelmingly*.

 So encouraging, that I have to share.


It's keeping me going ...


Thank you so much!



Your verbatim comments so far* with identifying detail removed:


thanks Graham, what a great idea. So typical of you to be thinking broadly about, and offering, support for WA artists. Good on you, and all the best for the exhibition.


Hi Graham
What a generous initiative and best of luck to you.
Here is my website address. Feel free to use it on a flute. Thanks for the opportunity.


This sounds like a fun project and I look forward to seeing the video.


Hi Graham!
Congrats on the opportunity to show at the Venice Biennale!
My website is:
Good luck with it all.


Great Idea Graham and thanks for spreading me around ! My website details are;


Hi Graham
What a generous initiative and best of luck to you.
Here is my website address. Feel free to use it on a flute. Thanks for the opportunity.


Thank you for creating this brilliant opportunity, and for supporting all artist. All the best! Can't wait to see the final piece Xx

Hi there,
Would love to be a part of your Italian project.
Instagram account is @
Thank you!

This sounds like a fun project and I look forward to seeing the video.
Cheers

Hi Graham, can you please send info re Venice Biennale. My website is....  I know I'm a few days late in getting this to you but didn't get a copy of Artists Chronicle till just now.
Many thanks,
George.

Hi Graham, sounds amazing . Congratulations on getting this far , and what a thoughtful and generous project on your part. I certainly understand where you are coming from and feel the same way .
Not sure if you remember I had the underwater mermaids dive trail at SXS, met you there
I'd be very grateful if you include my web site address thankyou. Kind regards Olivia

Hi Graham here is my website address and instagram acc
Good luck with your exciting project it sounds fabulous. Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.
Kind regards Lyn

Thanks for making this opportunity happen.
Facebook page: 

*****

Hi Graham, this is such a cool idea, love it! Will be following the progress of the project. All the best.


Lucy or Sue may already have been in touch but if not would you please put our website for …............ on a flute as follows:

Hi Graham,
Just read about your flute project for the Venice Biennale in the Artsource artLines#1 mail out and would like to be part of the project.
I am looking forward to your confirmation.
Thank you for the opportunity and best wishes for this venture.
Kind regards,

Re: Creative Flute Lottery
Hello Graham,
Here are my details:
All the best, Elisa

Sounds like a brilliant concept Graham. Great interaction with the public and important people. We appreciate your collaboration and help. Beautiful work man.
If selected my web address is:

Congratulations graham, love this concept. It sounds so much like you. I remember you did a wheel with all the WA artists on fling cards and I found my name, thanks for promoting us all. Let's hope I can get to the Biennale. Cheers,
Catherine

Hi Graham, look forward to seeing the work come together for the Venice Biennale.
My links are as follows
Thank you and happy creating!!

Hi Graham,
I just saw your listing in the Artsource Newsletter for your Venice Biennale project, such an interesting idea!
My website is or Instagram: if you are still looking for artists to contribute.
All the best with the work!
Laura

Hi, keen for a flute, can you put my web address on,
Cheers!

I really would like the opportunity to be on a flute. I'm currently updating my website but it should be all done in a few weeks. Below are my details for printing. THANKYOU
Hayley

Hi Graham,
My website is
Thank-you for the opportunity.
Shelley

Hi Graham. Good luck in Venice. We were there in 2015 and had an amazing time. My web address is


I'm a botanical artist working in Gidgegannup, West Australia, about an hour out of Perth, we live on 100 acres of mostly bushland, which is great for inspiration! My website is


I would love my details to be on a flute. I love the element of chance you have created and wish you all the best with the venture



for your flutes Graham:


Brilliant idea! All the best installing them!
Instagram :

xxxx is where I'm at
I'm just up the road form you in north perth :-)
This is a great project!
Cheers
Davina

Would love to be included in the Venice project.

Perth-based Visual Artist, Early Childhood Educator, and Imagination Consultant. My speciality is recycled 


Hey Graham. Venice Biennale project Great idea.


i just caught Sohan Hayes on the fly and he said the idea was great. He's hectic so will forget within seconds... so here's a link on his behalf

G'day from WA
Website:
Contemporary Artist




I'd love to have my name and web address on a flute. Good luck and congratulations with such an awesome project.

Thanks for the opportunity to submit my website for your project. Great idea. Thanks for supporting WA artists.

Hi Graham
What a fantastic idea - love to be included. My website is:-
ps are you a relative of David Hay - a glass artist?. I had an exhibition with him at Gunyulgup Galleries in the south west a few years back.

Potter/ceramic artist working for 23 years in WA
THANK YOU
I have already replied to this once very early on but no response - am I just being impatient, sorry if that's the case!

Thanks Graham. Great project.. all the best!
Dave

Please add me to your artists from Western Australia.
Kind regards, Susan S



Thanks Graham . Very interesting project and good luck for your continued success. Your big heartedness is much appreciated.


for Creative Flute Lottery Venice Biennale.



Hi Graham,
I am a West Australian early career artist. Facebook link:
Great concept - love to be part of it.
Cheers
Bec

Hello Graham,
I'd love to be a part of your Venice Biennale artwork - as an "emerging" artist, recently graduated it would be a thrill to be part of Venice, even in a small way!
My website:
Thank you and best wishes for a successful exhibition.


(for the Venice Biennale project. Thanks, such a fabulous initiative and opportunity!)

Hi Graham,

This sounds like such an interesting project, id love to be involved. Below are my details, i can't wait to see images.
Good luck with everything.
Kind regards,
Jana

What fun Graham - love working with other artists as you know. Please include my details for your flute installation....
Ciao
Alba

hi graham, did a class with you at FAC a year or two ago. still have done nothing with what you taught but the knowledge, the possibilities are waiting patiently.


Hi Graham. Can you add my website to your list for the flutes? This is an interesting experiment!
Thank you- and I hope it all goes well.
Best wishes,
Sue

Please add my contact details to the work for the Venice Biennale
Sarah E
Visual Artist
instagram -
web address -
Thanks

website is:
love its randomness..


Creative Flute Lottery submission-
sounds like a fun project!
regards
Joanna



Venice is an amazing place. Once you look past the swarms of people - and the often mediocre headliners - there is much to be found and enjoyed. 
The two big group shows and pavilions can be quite exhausting and frustrating. We found the fringe countries out in the city more appealing rather than what was in the 'garden'. We particularly enjoyed Estonia, Greece, Iraq, Cyprus, Scotland and quite a few others. Some countries totally mis-read the event and essentially use it like a trade fair for their economies (?).
'Personal Structures' - is that the show Graham will be in? - was great last time around and we really enjoyed it. Bembo is typically good and we saw good shows at Fortuny and Prada (and others) that weren't country specific.
The food is fairly simple but we really fell for grilled Octopus and Polenta.
It's almost impossible to walk from place to place given the maze and mass of people. The Vaparetto is really easy to use once you get your head around it and will make life a lot easier.
Hope that helps and good luck with it all.

p.s. I've posted the call to Artperth.





I am a West Australyan Ceramic figurative usculptor and mixed media painter. My Facebook page is . Please include me in your wonderful fantastic idea and thank you for supporting Western Austrsluan Art. What a great idea Graham you are an amazing ambassador for the arts in WA xxio. Nadine

What a wonderful idea!


Hi Graham
This is such a great idea. I would love it if I could be included.
I'm an emerging artist is Perth and am having such a blast meeting new people.
My contact details are
Rachel W
Thanks so much
Best regards
Rachel

Hello Graham
I read your notice regarding the Venice Biennale in the Artsource newsletter. I thought it sounded interesting and. a generous proposition, which in turn prompted me to spend some enjoyable time at your website.
I thought I would submit my web details as I like the idea of random possibilities and sending links out into the world. Best of luck with your project. I look forward to seeing the end result sometime, and although I would like to see it in the flesh, in reality it may be online.
My website is

Dear Graham
I have just sent an email in error while still editing it, apologies.
The website contained is incorrect and should read
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Kind regards
Lesley

Hi Graham, I picked up Artist's Chronicle today and saw your article, hope you can squeeze me in if you can. Thanks for being a generous artist.
All the best for the Venice Biennale.
Myra

Hi Graham,
Wonderful idea and sounds like a big project, if you have a spare cone for my details, that would be wonderful, i am contemporary jeweller from Witchcliffe , near Margaret River and also work in the Margaret River Artisanstore , a collaborative project we have been running foir 2 years now. my personal website is
Good luck with all!
Cheers Andrea

I think the Champagne flute is a great idea and as you say puts WA Artist's on the world map.

Hi Graham, This sounds like a fabulous idea! I have put both our names as we are both WA artists and this is our website. When is your installation happening? Steve and I are hoping to be in Venice in May. Good luck with it all.


HI Graham, Happy New Year. 
I just read your article in the Artist's Chronicle about your entry in the 2017 Venice Biennale.
I'd love to be included please.
Here is my facebook artist address...
Would you like me to share your quest with my networks?
Looking forward to hearign form you. Good luck
Sheryl


I was referred by a friend. 

Hi Graham 
I would like to be included in your Venice Biennale project. My website address is 
Many thanks for your generous gesture to provide this opportunity for WA artists. Good luck with the event.
Kind Regards Susan

*Emails received in response to http://www.grahamhay.com.au/2017veniceopportunity.html so far (20 Jan-6 Fed 2017, and still coming in). I now have about 1,000 artists web or social media addresses and a dozen are still coming in each day, so please be patient until  we check for errors in web and social media addresses sent and reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to add your own comments here...

Translate

Search This Blog